Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Making the Feta Dip (with Pita Mozz) from Kiefers

One thing I miss about living in Jackson, MS is Kiefers. But mostly just because of the Feta dip. I've eaten as several other Greek or Mediterranean restaurants but I haven't had anything else like it. So I set out to see if I could make it, and I came pretty close.

The Pita Mozz is pretty easy. It's basically a grilled cheese (or quesadilla) with pita bread and mozzarella. Just take two pieces of pita bread, rub a little olive oil on them, put a munch of mozzarella cheese in between and cook on a skillet until done.

The feta dip is easy to make, just has a lot of ingredients:

feta cheese (use a container of the crumbles)
sour cream - 1 teaspoon
milk (or heavy cream)- two splashes
mayo - 1 1/2 teaspoons
garlic powder - 1/4 teaspoon
pepper - 1/4 teaspoon
onion powder - 1/4 teaspoon
worstershire - 1/8 teaspoon
olive oil - 1/8 teaspoon
red wine vinegar - 1/8 teaspoon

Dip the Pita Mozz into the feta dip. It's good.

No comments:

Post a Comment